Telemedicine with Texas Foot & Ankle Center
Can’t Make It to Our Office? We Can Still Help!
We know that it isn’t always easy to make time to come into the office for an appointment, even in “normal” times.
So with COVID-19 causing all of us to be a little more cautious about leaving the house or interacting with others—especially those who may be especially at risk of infection or complications—it’s even more important that your medical team is able to “meet you where you are.”
That’s why we’re excited to let you know we are now offering telemedicine as an option for those who can’t be physically present for an appointment, or simply wish to stay home.
Is Telemedicine Right for Me?
Appointment types that work very well for a virtual appointment include:
- Visual inspections. Your doctor can visually inspect your foot or ankle over video and give you a diagnosis and/or recommendations on the next steps.
- Check-up appointments. Your doctor can examine how a wound is healing or talk with you about how your rehab is going (after a previous treatment). You can even review the results of previous diagnostic tests via screen share.
- Questions and advice. Have a question about your health care and want answers from a real medical professional? Telemedicine is by far the easiest way to do it.
Basically, any type of appointment where you need to talk to a doctor, but don’t necessarily need direct physical treatment or a procedure performed, can be easily handled via telemedicine. We strongly encourage you to consider this option to help reduce the risk for yourself and those around you.
How Does It Work?
The process we are using is very simple. All you will need is:
- A device that can make video calls. Almost any smartphone or tablet computer will do, as well as laptop or desktop computers if they have a camera and microphone (built in or otherwise).
- A free Zoom account, and their videoconferencing app installed on your device. You can get it all here.
- A stable, reliable wireless or wired internet connection.
You may also wish to recruit a trusted loved one to sit with you on the call and take notes or operate the camera as necessary.
When it’s time for your appointment to begin, just click the link and follow the instructions that we send you to enter our online waiting room. When your doctor is also ready, the appointment will begin!
What If I Still Need to Come In to the Office?
If you need to make an in-person visit for a specific procedure or treatment, we are still open and able to see you. However, due to COVID-19, we are temporarily only seeing patients in the office on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. (Telemedicine is offered Monday through Friday.) We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please also be assured that we are following the strictest possible guidelines in regard to keeping our office as healthy, safe, and free from germs as possible. Frequent sanitation, social distancing, and use of personal protective equipment are being carefully observed.
Is This Covered? What Does It Cost?
Recent changes in both Medicare, as well as state-regulated health plans in Texas, have allowed telemedicine appointments to be covered at the same rate as in-person visits. However, the answer does still depend on your specific provider and plan.
If you have any questions, please call our office and we will help you.
There is no fee or charge to sign up for Zoom, or download and use their software.
How Do I Request My Appointment?
If you’re ready to request your telemedicine appointment with one of our doctors, please complete the form on this page.
A member of our office will follow up with you during our regular office hours to schedule your appointment, make sure you have everything you need, and answer any questions you may have.
If you’d prefer, you can also reach out to us directly by phone at (214) 660-0777.
We look forward to serving you—wherever you happen to be!
Doctor's Professional Building 1
1151 N. Buckner Boulevard, Suite 201
Dallas, TX 75218
Monday - Friday
8:00AM - 5:00PM
Closed for Lunch
12:00PM - 1:00PM
Schedule An Appointment